Board of Directors
As a member of the Board of Directors of Stanton Heights Neighborhood Association, I have a legal and moral responsibility to ensure that the organization does the best work possible in pursuit of its goals. I believe in the purpose and mission of Stanton Heights Neighborhood Association. Stanton Heights Neighborhood Association improves and protects the quality of life of Stanton Heights residents and stakeholders through community engagement and advocacy, community restoration and beautification, and community planning and development. I will act in a prudent and responsible way as its director.
As part of my responsibilities as a Board Member, the following is expected:
- I will stay informed about what is going on in the organization. I will ask questions, request information and exercise independent judgment in issues, policies, and other board matters. I will maintain a working e-mail address on file with SHNA and will check my e-mail weekly. If I do not have access to e-mail, I will call into the office to receive information.
- I have a fiduciary responsibility for SHNA to review and understand the following at minimum:
- a. Quarterly Financial Statements
- b. Annual Audit
- c. Annual Budget and Expenses
- I will attend at a minimum 60% of regularly scheduled board meetings annually either in person or electronically understanding that in person is preferable. If a meeting must be missed, the BOD Member is required to contact either the Board President in advance of the absence. Governance will track unexcused absences and will contact the BOD Member to discuss the attendance and notification policy. If any board meetings are missed and no effort is made to contact the Board President, Governance will follow up with the member to determine if they are able to continue serving on the SHNA Board.
- I will attend the Annual Board Retreat
- I will attend at least 4 SHNA special events annually, and will offer to volunteer at 3 events annually. I will assist with SHNA’s Annual Fundraiser.
- I will act in the best interest of SHNA and not my own personal interest or the interest of a third party.
- I will serve all of Stanton Heights.
- I will excuse myself from discussions and votes where I have a conflict of interest, and I will identify any potential conflict as soon as possible.
- I will make a personal annual financial contribution at a level that is as generous as possible. This contribution is in addition to regular membership dues and fees.
- I will actively participate in fundraising activities annually such as selling tickets to an event, soliciting membership renewals, running a raffle at a local event for SHNA, or helping with a grant proposal.
- I will actively recruit new SHNA members each year.
- I will be an active participant in at least 1 board committee and attend meetings in person or electronically understanding that in person is preferable. This assignment is to be mutually agreed based on the needs of the organization and my interests.
- Committees include:
- Committees include:
- I will represent SHNA and act as an ambassador and advocate throughout the community.
- I will assist in the identification and recruitment of prospective board members by suggesting individuals to the Board’s Governance Committee.
- I understand that the Board President is the official spokespersons for SHNA and any requests for official comments, positions or statements from SHNA must come from them. I further understand that as a BOD Member I can receive complaints, concerns, questions or requests for information and respond appropriately given my knowledge as a BOD Member of what is confidential
- If I am unable to fulfill these responsibilities, I will initiate contact with the Board President to discuss my further involvement as a Board member.
- I will keep information regarding SHNA confidential and will not discuss such information with anyone who is not a board member as the time of the discussion, unless specifically instructed to do so.
Any violation of this agreement will be reviewed by the SHNA Governance Committee and the committee shall make a decision regarding the Board Member’s ability to serve on the board.