Neighbors helping neighbors
Snow-covered sidewalks can be hazardous for everyone. The City of Pittsburgh’s Snow Angels Program pairs older residents and residents with disabilities with nearby neighbors who volunteer to assist them with snow removal on their sidewalks and walkways.
Along with fostering stronger community relationships and relieving some of the stress that comes from a snowfall or freeze, Snow Angels make our sidewalks safer for those who are outside during the winter weather – like postal carriers, firefighters, police officers, and other neighbors.
Because helping your neighbors is SNOW much fun!
- You can sign up online to offer help as a volunteer.
- The Snow Angels Program will work to pair you with a nearby neighbor.
- We will be in touch when you have been matched with a neighbor in need.
Visit pittsburghpa.gov/snowangels for everything you need to know about volunteering with Snow Angels.
Request Help from a Snow Angel
Here are the requirements neighbors must meet to request a Snow Angel:
- Be at least 60 years old or have a physical disability
- Live within the City of Pittsburgh limits
- Do not have resources (financial or family/friends nearby) to assist with snow removal
Sign up online here or by calling 311.